Wednesday 10 June 2009

The tube strike is evil!!!


Argh! Why did the tube strike have to happen while I'm in London? Couldn't they have waited till I'd gone home? Oh well, at least I don't have to deal with it on a regular basis.

I left the house at 7.20 this morning and managed to get a bus at 8.00, but not the actual one I wanted. This took me the distance covered by a 3 minute tube journey in an hour. So I got off, promptly got lost, and asked lots of people what way to go. They all said to get on a bus. Sod that! 

After feverishly consulting my London street atlas (thanks mum, an inspired Christmas present) I managed to trail-blaze my way to Oxford Street in an hour and a quarter. What a pilgrim! Only 15 minutes late for work.

It seemed like another long day, but it was brightened by one of the agents at my work experience taking me out for coffee and discussing my writing with me. She had some really useful advice which I will be putting into action for certain.

I'm dreading my travels tomorrow but at least I'll know what to expect. Wish me luck, or even better, pray for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment