Monday 25 January 2010

The time has come


I've done it, I've actually done it! The Playstation 3 has been ordered. I've been shopping around for awhile, checking out all the offers available. In the end I've gone for a bundle offer on Amazon.co.uk, which includes a 250gb PS3 Slim, a Venom HDMI cable, and Uncharted 2 for £270, which saved me about £40. All the other offers I saw had similar price tags but the console had a smaller hard drive and the offer didn't include the cable. I could have got another game for £15, but the only one I really wanted from the choice was Borderlands, and I only would have saved £5, so I gave it a miss. I'll put the money towards Final Fantasy XIII!


As well as purchasing the PS3, I managed to persuade my fiance that we should get a TV for when we get married (the date is fast approaching!), and seeing as I'm getting the PS3, which is best experienced in hi-def, we may as well get it now! We shopped around for that as well, and went halves on a fairly big LG flat-screen for a reasonable price from Dixons.co.uk. So now any thieves out there reading my blog know where to go to snatch some expensive electrical goods!

Do I feel wracked with guilt over spending all this money? Not really. I thought long and hard about both purchases, and spent only my own money (not my uni loan) on them. So as long as I don't idolize them or let them distract me from the stuff that really matters, my conscience can be clear. I've already made a pact with myself that although I'll probably buy Final Fantasy XIII when it comes out, I'm not gonna play it till I've handed in my dissertation. Otherwise I would most definitely be retaking my final year, cos all FF fans out there can attest to the fact that these games eat your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment