Monday 16 May 2011

A brief update

It has been a busy few months for me, and I thought I'd fill you in on all the events that have been going on. There have been three weddings, two stag events and a new job to take up my attention - so understandably a bit of a hectic time!

It was my brother's wedding in Birmingham this weekend, and my friend Matt's wedding near London a fortnight ago, both of which went really well. I had the privilege of being one of the best men at both of these weddings, which was slightly stressful at points, but so rewarding and worth all the time and effort. Here's a couple of pictures of both the occasions.

Matt and Laura's Wedding - I'm fourth in from the right!
Joe and Ellie's Wedding
Matt's wedding went quite smoothly compared to Joe's - things just wouldn't stop going wrong! Firstly, my parent's car window was smashed outside the church during the rehearsal. Then I came down with chronic stomach issues in the night after a dodgy curry, which kept me on the porcelain throne all morning. Then the chair covers for the reception didn't fit - it was a bit of a nightmare. However, God clearly wanted the day to go ahead, because all these issues were solved by a variety of blessings - a friendly neighbour of Joe's patched up the window with perspex, my mum negotiated a deal for some different chair covers, and through the miracle of Imodium, I stayed corked-up for the rest of the day! In all seriousness though, it was a fantastic day and thoroughly enjoyed by all, I'm sure.

Now that all weddings are out of the way, I can focus on God's most recent answer of prayer for me - a new job! I've been looking for work since I finished at university last year, whilst continuing to work at my part-time job. It has been quite a challenge to trust that God had a plan for me each time another door was closed, but now I can clearly see His purpose in all these things. So, to cut a long story short, I've accepted the role of Communications Assistant at a Christian Evangelical charity based in the local area. The job is initially part-time, three days a week, so I'm hoping to continue doing a couple of days home-delivering to make it a full week of work. It's a fantastic role, making use of my creativity and interests, and will be a great opportunity to serve God.

No comments:

Post a Comment